May 2007: A seminar entitled “The critical ceramic design development for new markets in a globalized world” was held at the Accademia Italiana in Bangkok in collaboration with the National Metals and Materials Technology Center.
This seminar was given by Prof. Francesco Cappuccio, interior and product designer and head of this department at the Accademia Italiana. This event provided another occasion for encounter at an international level on the design themes most important to Thai industry.
Seminar Highlights :
• Introduction about the lecturer: a brief description of his design works and his experience in the field of product design.
• An overview of the latest designs in ceramics including a wide range of new, modern ceramic products from tableware to sanitary items including tiles.
• New trends in houseware products and how to apply new trends to products in real situation.
• The advantage of supplies partnership.
• The concept of a modern-day souvenir: how to change or modernize it.
• Possible future for Thai ceramics: theoretical and methodological perspectives towards the study of Thai archaic symbols. The lecturer will show his research on the archaic symbol and how to apply and transform that symbol to real products.